My name is Sergio González. And this is my old-fashioned static html site.
I currently live in Mexico City. I really like coding, mostly graphics.
Some things I have made:
- Milton — [Currently in development]
Milton. A paint package that lets you Just Paint™. It's a creative paint program with an almost-infinite canvas. Designed for painting and sketching with tablets. Really cool website coming soon.
- Klay —
A 3D modeler for everyone. Free for the iPad. Really fun tool for creative people, particularly children.
An experimental real time ray tracer for the Oculus Rift. It supported time-warp, chromatic aberration correction, lens distortion correction, and a humble Lambert shader. It was a just-for-fun project that ended for two reasons: I got what I wanted and learned a bunch. I don't pretend that VR is the place where Real-time Ray Tracing will win over rasterization. The second reason is that Oculus no longer open-sources enough rendering code to easily figure out how to do stuff like lens distortion. A lot of the heavy lifting is now done by the Oculus driver, for many good reasons, but one disadvantage is that people like me would have a really tough time reverse engineering things that used to be included in the source.
Jobs and such
- 2015 — Against all odds, graduating college.
- 2014 — Spectacularly failed at being an indie game developer.
- 2013 — Intern at Google doing graphics. Optimized some Skia code.
- 2012 — Intern at Google doing bigtable stuff
- 2011 — Intern at Microsoft doing graphics and Windows 8
My online identity: